Just a quick update on the changes I have made in the clinic to protect us all during these difficult times. I have put a lot of effort in to making sure the clinic is set up for treatment in order to minimise the risks of transmitting any viruses:
1. I have taken advice/undertook training re appropriate PPE and infection control measures for the clinic. I will be treating in face mask & gloves as per government guidelines. If you would like to wear a mask/face covering, please feel free to do so (although that is not a requirement)
2. I have purchased hand sanitiser for you to use when you arrive.
3. I have removed couch covers and have purchased plastic covers for pillows, which can be sanitised for every patient. I am not using clinic towels so please feel free to bring your own if they make you feel more comfortable. Alternatively I will use couch roll.
4. I am allowing 20 mins between each appointment, in order to sanitise & aerate the clinic room. The waiting area will not be in use during this time & I also ask you not to turn up early for your appointment. Please wait in your car until your treatment time.
5. As much as we all love to chat (especially me!), I will need to book your next appointment and take payment as quickly as possible in order to get the room ready for the next patient so please do not feel as though I am rushing you out of the door!
I hope you won’t find these changes too daunting, my aim is to reassure you that I want to keep all of us safe and healthy, as well as continuing to provide a high standard of care.
Despite all of these changes there is obviously still an increased risk of transmission due to the nature of osteopathic treatment and the inability to ‘social distance’. Before attending appointments, I will ask all patients to complete an online form to screen for symptoms and also to gain consent to treatment given the current pandemic.
If you have any other queries please feel free to get in touch.
KEEP SAFE EVERYONE AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE!!
Many thanks, Jordan